The building was built in the first half of the 19th century by Antonio Corazzi. In the years 1828-1876 the gallery housed the first Polish Stock Exchange and the National Bank.
The building was handed over in 1989 as the permanent headquarters of the Porczyński Collection. Today there are over 450 paintings of European artists, which were donated by the Porczyński family to the Warsaw Archdiocese.
The concert hall is located in the most important part of the building, centrally under an imposing dome, which refers to the neo-classical style of the building and is a copy of the Roman Pantheon. A collection of Anglo-Saxon, Dutch, French and Italian paintings can be admired both in the concert hall and in the so-called “Mythological Hall” to which guests are invited during the break for a glass of wine.