PHOTOGRAPHS OF MUSIC LIBRARY
The Concert Hall in Polish Music Library is located in an eclectic edifice between the Old Town and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The building was erected in 1857, as a Discount Bank, designed by Kazimierz Loewy. The interior is decorated in neo-Renaissance style – decorated ceiling, decorative walls and doors, as well as wide stairs with marble balustrade – that will lead guests to the concert hall.
The building is a headquarters of the Polish Music Publishing House, which is the main publisher of Chopin’s music notes in Poland. The Library has the largest music sheets collection in Poland which includes the archives of Polish composers. During the concert break, guests can admire the collections as well as the 19th- century decor of the Discount Bank.
Fredry 8 Street, which houses the PWM, ends in the Saxon Garden, which is now and historically situated in the heart of Polish culture and music.
The pre-war presence of the banks, the telegraph, the hotel and the Saxon Garden gave the street an exclusive, urban character.